Re: OpenOffice.org broken in AMD64 Sid?

Russ Cook wrote:
> Perhaps it *is *user error, but I took no explicit action to remove any
> modules, and the Open Office
> did work previously.  It was my understanding that apt-get upgrade never
> removes packages, so

But dist-upgrade does.

> I thought perhaps there was a disconnect in the package structure of
> openoffice for Sid.

Yep, there was, it was uninstallable for a bit of time.

> Is there a metapackage that will reinstall all basic functionality of
> the openoffice suite (writer,
> spreadsheet, presentation) or must I now research the missing components
> and manually install?

man apt-cache? (apt-get install openoffice.org)

> I was under the (mis)understanding that running apt-get install install
> openoffice.org would do
> this, but it does not (for me).

It does. (assuming you really don't have -writer installed).

> Maybe it's just one of the joys an unsophisticated Debian user should
> expect when running the
> unstable distribution.  I rarely have problems like this.

Jup.

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73