Re: modprobe, lots of warnings

Hans-J. Ullrich:

> after my last update (debian-amd64, sid), I get a lot of warnings like these:
>
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/kqemu, it will be
> ignored in a future release.

See here: <http://blog.bofh.it/debian/id_236>

It's just a warning about a future change in module-init-tools. You only
have to rename your own, locally created files in /etc/modprobe.d/. If
you don't have any, all you have to do is wait for the maintainers to
rename these files. I am not sure whether it will cause any problems if
you do it yourself, though.

J.
--
I no longer believe in father christmas but have no trouble
comprehending a nuclear apocalypse.