Re: cups printer stopped printing locally

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:17:28 +0100,
Jan De Luyck <ml_debianamd64_20070717@kcore.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 21 February 2009 19:28:30 Seb wrote:
>> Hi,

>> Since the recent CUPS package (1.3.9-14) upgrade in sid, a Samsung
>> ML-1740 stopped printing from the local machine.  Let me explain.

> I have no idea if it's the same issue, but since that package upgrade,
> my printed only the raw PS output instead of the actual
> documents. Reverting to the version in Lenny (1.3.8-1lenny4.1) made
> mine work again. Worth a shot?

Thanks Jan, looks like my previous message crossed yours!  If it didn't
make it yet, I said there that I eventually found a solution by
installing package splix.  It actually has a driver for this particular
model.  I'm still baffled though because the printer printed fine from
other computers in the network except localhost.  But it doesn't matter
anymore in my case because package splix made it print fine both from
localhost and elsewhere in the network.

--
Seb