Re: ndiswrapper problem with Wireless

Hey dude

Do you have 2 ways to make this wifi work's ..

The simple way is using the package "b43-fwcutter", install from you apt
sources (im using sid+experimental).
It will download the windows driver's and compile automatic on you sistem.
info about here = http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

So, sametimes i had problem's with old driver for my board, and im
prefer the second way

Let's go .. i hope do you have your kernel-header oks ..

Get the oficial driver for you plataform here
http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php,
available in 32- and 64-bit versions. The wl module can be compiled
following the Readme.txt instructions at the same URL, and PROVIDED THAT
you already have a suitable compiling environment installed for your
current 2.6.26 kernel. That last requirement is necessary, compilation
will fail without it.

My recommendation is to use the module-assistant package to get the
compiling environment right with the commands (as root)

# aptitude install module-assistant
# m-a prepare

where that last command will cause a whole lot of needed packages to be
installed.

With these preliminaries out-of-the-way, compile the driver following
the included make instructions, then move the resulting wl.ko file
to a place where it can be found, like

# mkdir /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc
# mv wl.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc/
# depmod -a

Finally, you must make sure that the ssb module doesn't grab the
wireless interface first, by blacklisting it in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.
You must then also run the command

# update-initramfs -u

You could reboot at this stage and you'll likely find the new wireless
eth1 interface active; or you could do it manually for now with

# rmmod ssb
# modprobe wl

and then check with

# iwconfig
# iwlist scan

your newly active wireless interface.

The compiling procedure must be repeated when you install a different
kernel version, at least until a precompiled module package becomes
available for a future kernel.

Let us know if you got this far, then we'll tackle the actual connection
to your wireless access point(s). The requirement for security (likely WPA)
is determined by your wireless access point, the output of the
"iwconfig" or "iwlist" commands should indicate this.

Good luck man ..