Re: Link serial device with serial tty(graphical)

From: brujo <metacomisil@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 09:25:40AM -0500
> Hello, i tryed a lot of things but nothing...
> I need to link serial Device like microcontroller with some of one
> serial terminal, for example
> I have a game running on xterminal(/dev/tty7) and i have a pic16f877
> connected to pc... I send char 'a' from PIC and the computer receive 'a'
> KEY  like a keyboard and the game interpret them, so i need to control
> graphical console by serial commands...
>
> I tryed a lot of thing and just display the chars but not affect the
> termnial.   Any help is appreciated.

The easy way:

start miniterm

The somewhat harder way:

modify /etc/inittab, starting with the line

# Example how to put a getty on a serial line (for a terminal)

Kind regards,
Jurriaan

--
She bowed her hooded hear. "Not an anwer, I fear."
Turned, but before she took a step, turned back. "But I believe, Terafin--