Re: Clock Skew Due to CPU Frequency Management? (was Re: Dual-core system will not create NTP peers)

Len,

Thanks for writing with the spread-spectrum idea.

I don't know if you saw the final email in this thread, but it turns out that (as far as I can tell) adjtimexconfig made a bad estimate when it was installed, and put a TICK value of 9750 in /etc/defaults/adjtimex, which of course works out to a clock that's always 2.5% slow.

--
Moshe Yudkowsky * moshe@pobox.com * www.pobox.com/~moshe
 "Poor Mexico -- so far from G-d and so near the United States."