john and multicore (update)

Hi all,

I just tried to run famous "john" password cracker on my multicore system. I
discovered, that john is using only one of my two cpus (100 percent). The
other one seem to work for other tasks (0 - 20 percent).

So, must I compile john in another way ?

Must I start john in another way ?

Must the source code of john be written in another way ?

Is it possible, to let john use all the cpus (and cpupower) for its task ?

Thanks for your quick answers.

regards

Hans

Update: It seems, john is using both cpu cores, but not at the same time.