Re: Partition suggestions.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 06:38:24PM +0000, Nuno Magalhães wrote:
> >  I've found it useful to have *two* Linux systems on my machine
> Interesting, especially since gentoo is a metadistribution. Anyway
> i'll keep it simple with just one. I have two other machines laying
> around, those can be my other systems and i guess they can still share
> /home through.. er.. .NFS? Eitherway i'm not running services, it's
> just the home box so only /home matters.

Actually, /home is on another machine entirely, on LVM on RAID on a
server that's running AMD64 etch.  There's quite a few machines in the
house using this same /home via NFS.  When I change machines, I rlogin
to the old one, killall firefox-bin, return to the new one, start
firefox and tell it to restore the session.  Works like a charm.

- hendrik