Re: Partition suggestions.

>  > That's part of why I put swap in LVM.  Why not put swap in LVM?
Well, basically 'cos the little i'vre read of LVM seemed to confuse
more that simplify and i don't wanna waste too much time setting this
up. It's just one disk, one home system, nothing mission critical. As
far as i now the advantage is that you can change partition sizes  but
how often would i need that, especially when i know, for this system,
what sizes are more or less required?

My big question was is it worth it to have anything more than / and
/home on a home system and, apparently, there's no real gain. The
/boot partition has the use of not locking the system if / fills up,
having / and /home on LVM would enable me to grow / if it gets too
crowded - even though i still think 20 GB is more than enough, its
biggest chunk ight now is a 3.6GB /usr

Nuno

--
Fica bem, porta-te mal.