Re: Grub and raid (Solved)

Hi
   Thank you all for very through answers. The problem was very strange. I
had to disable the "ACPI APIC Support" in BIOS. Then I could run
grub-install but the computer then lost interrupt to hda (CDROM) and
also interrupts to the hard drives. With Grub installed, I could enable
this option again and now everything works.
   Before this change I used to boot with the install CD and make a chroot
to the installed system with the dev and proc directories rbind
mounted. Then I tried to run X. I got kdm working but if I tried to log
in, the computer went into sleeping mode. After the procedure described
above, I can switch between console and X mode without any problem.
   This looks quite like black magic to me but I hope to understand it
someday :)

Thanks again
Gudjon