Re: chroot64 the chroot32

On 31-Jan-2008 10:20.51 (GMT), Hans Vogelsberger wrote:
> Well, I never tried chroot. But Opera and - because of Sun Java plugins
> - Iceweasel and Openoffice still run on my old (and much too loud)
> 32-bit intel 686 computer instead of the newer Amd 64 one.

The Java plugin is an interesting one. I don't see why the Java NPAPI plugin
hasn't been ported to 64-bit systems.

Konqueror uses a Java "hack" as far as I am aware, calling the java
executable direcly and embedding it directly into an X region on the
display. I wonder how hard it would be to hack a wrapper plugin to do that
natively.

--
rob andrews                       :: pgp 0x5c205974 :: rob@choralone.org