Re: Flash

/usr/share/doc/nspluginwrapper/README.Debian suggests
nspluginwrapper -i /path/to/npplugin.so

So after searching around, i found:
/usr/lib/mozilla$ cd plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
which is a symlink to
../../nspluginwrapper/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
which is there, it exists. I had been trying to fiddle with this
wrapper before and remember i even symliked an entire directory. Or
was it with gnash?

I had read that the viewer is also required in order for this wrapper
thing to work, but i only found it here
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux
not in
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/x86_64/linux

~/.mozilla/firefox contains no plugins/ directory, only a file
pluginreg.dat which, i assume, is related to Totem.

Using apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree did work. Although i don't
think i ought to have done that with the weasel running. Anyway it
does open flash movies in a decent window and the controls work fine
and are visible, which barely happened with gnash. But no sound. I
closed the browser and tried dpkg-reconfigure flashplugin-nonfree but
it's the same.

I also have Opera, which is my preferred browser, but it's an amd64
beta so i'm not using it much. It does list its plugins though:
Shockwave Flash
	application/futuresplash	spl
	application/x-shockwave-flash	swf
	/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so

which is rather useless since it only shows a grey square where the
video should be in youtube. There's also this epiphany thing but i
dislike gnome (it's partially installed, like a few WMs, DMs and other
Ms) and it does the same as IceWeasel.

I'm running esd right now and using xfce. I closed all sound-related
applications (xmms) and tried again: no sound. So... it might have to
do with the sound daemon or something...

--
Fica bem, porta-te mal.
Be well, misbehave.