Re: Fwd: Failure to load amd64 lenny

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Francesco Pietra wrote:

I forgot to mention that Knoppix loads correctly, shows all mem and
CPUs, and lets using both the mouse and the keyboard. I have not
managed with the HDs because Knoppix does not recognize the RAID1,
showing sda and sdb which are not my partitions. In fact neither one
can be mounted.

francesco

francesco,

You have to 'enable' it first.

0. boot knoppix.
1. mdadm --examine --scan >> /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
2. vi /etc/default/mdadm or /etc/default/mdadm-raid
3. change AUTOSTART=no to AUTOSTART=yes
4. /etc/init.d/mdadm-raid start

Then your arrays should show up (cat /proc/mdstat).

Keep in mind though if you want to use your system or run LILO inside the
chroot (after you chroot into it) you need to copy KNOPPIX's bin,lib,sbin
to your chroot and move the x86_64 versions aside before you chroot.

Justin.