Failure to load amd64 lenny

Hi:

My parallel computer (Supermicro main board H8QC8, 4 dual opteron 875
CPUs, two WD Raptor under RAID1 with grub on both; 24 GB ECC Kingston)
with amd64 lenny was shut down correctly. Now, after a few days
untouched, it does not load the OS, even trying as a single user. The
OS should load without X system. The X system is called with <startx>
the rare times it is needed.

Access to BIOS shows everything in order. Then, when trying to load
the OS, it looks for the CPUs etc, then the screen shows:

Freeing unused kernel memory 316 k

input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /class/input/input1

For a while a blinking cursor, then

a series of lines starting with RDX RBP R10 R13 FS CS CR2 DR0 DR3

then:

Call Trace:
ffff do_oage
fff handle_mm_fault
fff vma_link
fff error_exit
fff clear_user
fff padzero
fff get_arg_page
fff copy_strings
fff search_binary_handler
fffdo_execve
fff sys_execve
fff stub_execve

After that such lines alternate, and the whole <Call Trace> starts
several times anew, everything disappears from the screen and can't be
recovered with the keyboard. I found no alternative to shut down the
UPS power supply.

Thanks for any guess how to do.

francesco pietra