Re: hal buggy ?

can you see that the kernel is seeing the new device?

ie tail -f /var/log/messages then insert a usb device.
then look in HAL's logs and see whats happening etc

Dean

Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
Hiho all,

since a few days there is no icon in KDE when inserting an usb-drive (or an sd-card into the slot). I suppose, there is a problem with hal. It would be nice, if someone could confirm this, before I will send a bugreport. I changed nothing on my system, except an upgrade. As I have only a 64-bit system available at the moment, I cannot test on a 32-bit system, sorry.

Cheers

Hans

--
http://fragfest.com.au