Re: vidalia for debian-amd64 ?

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 08:17:33PM +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering, why there is no "vidalia" package in the repository. Vidalia
> seem to be preferred to tork.
>
> Anyway, does someone know, if there are any prebuilt debian-amd64 packages of
> vidalia available ? Don't matter if they are unstable or in beta status !
>
> To the maintainers: Are there any plans, to add vidalia to the repository in
> the near future ?

AFAIK there's a problem with vidalia and debian, because vidalia can't
connect to the tor-process which starts during system-startup in debian
as user debian-tor.
The tor-maintainers are working on this issue, which is assigned as
one project to this years google's summer of code - so hopefully there
will be a vidalia-package for debian in the near future.

I don't know, why there's a tork-package for debian - because it has
this same important issue.

If you have specific questions about this, you can e.g. ask at the
tor-mailinglist at or-talk@freehaven.net since this is not
amd64-specific.

regards,
sigi