Re: Which kernel will Lenny likely use when it is released?

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

2.6.25 is a stable kernel, just as 2.6.24 was and 2.6.26 will be.  The
old 'odd number development' stuff would have meant development would be
in 2.7.x kernels, but that hasn't been used for years.

OK, I understand I had the odd even part mixed up.

But what I still don't understand is why 2.6.25 isn't in lenny yet if it is stable?

I'm thinking of pulling in 2.6.25 from unstable, but don't want to create other problems.

How can I find the ETA of 2.6.25 entering lenny? (I think some of lenny is already frozen - would that include the kernel?)

I would think that they would fix the 2.6.24 4G bug if that is what they will release with?

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                     WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

True wisdom is knowing what we don't know;
True maturity is being comfortable with the idea of not knowing.  -KPS