Re: grub error 22

> Alex, in your case I would try to remove the second HDD (sdb) and
> first see if the system boots. If not, then I would inspect the grub
> parameters to make sure that root=/dev/sda1 and initrd too.

Alright! I removed the second hard drive and the error went away. It
booted without a problem.

And I also tried reversing the hard drives, that is, I exchanged the
cables going to one with the cables going to the other. Result: I got
the error not only when booting normally but also when booting via
live cd as described above. Needles to say, I switched the cables
back.

So I don't know what to make of this.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thank you.

--
Alexandru I. Cabuz
Tel: +44 (0)753.471.8031

--- Please no Word or Powerpoint attachments.
Send plain text, rich text format, html, or pdf instead.