Re: grub error 22

Alexandru,

On Sat 17 May 2008 14:05, Alexandru Cabuz wrote:
> I guess the one major thing I modified recently is to change the
> default runlevel in /etc/inittab from 2 to 5.
>
> For some reason gdm was not starting automatically when booting up. I
> would always get dropped to a terminal login, and then I would become
> root and run gdm and it would start without a problem. Changing the
> default runlevel fixed that and for about a week things went fine,
> until I got this error 22 this morning.
>
> Other than that I have changed nothing other than apt-get update
> apt-get dist-upgrade

	By any chance, did you do a dist-upgrade from Lenny to Sid? If so, then this
GRUB bug might be the problem:

In any case, it's beginning to sound like a GRUB bug. You might want to check
the rest of the bug reports listed.

HTH!

cmr

> There is a possibility the hard drive might be failing. But there is
> no other sign of it. I'm going to run a fsck on the root partition to
> see if anything is wrong with it.
>
> And yes, / and /boot are on the same partition, the /dev/sda1.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Alexandru I. Cabuz
> Tel: +44 (0)753.471.8031
>
> --- Please no Word or Powerpoint attachments.
> Send plain text, rich text format, html, or pdf instead.

Debian 'Etch' - Registered Linux User #241964
--------
"More laws, less justice." -- Marcus Tullius Ciceroca, 42 BC