Re: libsc7_2.3.1-3_amd64.deb problems

Hi:
I found an e-mail from you dated Aug 22 2006 (and about amd64) that may clarify:

> Aimed at reinstalling mpqc 2.3.1 from scratch, I also wanted to reinstall
> required tk8.4 and libsc8 (although "apt-cache show" shows both installed and
> existing from The Scientific Computing Toolkit). No problem on reinstalling
> tk8.4, while:
>
> #apt-get --reinstall install libsc8
>
> reported "not reinstalled because it cannot be downloaded"
>
> Is that libsc8 has first to be removed? Not attempted.
>
> All that because mpqc is unable to complete complex computations very similar
> to those that it was able to complete successfully before. I want to be sure
> that there is no corruption (which is not so easy - or speedy - to verify
> otherwise: with simple, speedy computations no problem arises).

Usually that message means you have it installed, but it is no longer
available for download from one of the sites in your sources.list
(assuming it ever was).

Since it actually appears to be one of the packages that comes from
mpqc, you should download it from where you downloaded the mpqc packages
from.

_______
Well, from present information is it possible to indicate how to remove those files/scripts that generate the error messages, and let lenny do upgrading correctly? Someone has kindly suggested to carry out again a dist-upgrade, though I suspect that with my system the final outcome would be the same.
Thanks
francesco pietra