Re: libsc7_2.3.1-3_amd64.deb problems

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 10:04:06AM -0700, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> Hi:
> I found an e-mail from you dated Aug 22 2006 (and about amd64) that may clarify:
>
> > Aimed at reinstalling mpqc 2.3.1 from scratch, I also wanted to reinstall
> > required tk8.4 and libsc8 (although "apt-cache show" shows both installed and
> > existing from The Scientific Computing Toolkit). No problem on reinstalling
> > tk8.4, while:
> >
> > #apt-get --reinstall install libsc8
> >
> > reported "not reinstalled because it cannot be downloaded"
> >
> > Is that libsc8 has first to be removed? Not attempted.
> >
> > All that because mpqc is unable to complete complex computations very similar
> > to those that it was able to complete successfully before. I want to be sure
> > that there is no corruption (which is not so easy - or speedy - to verify
> > otherwise: with simple, speedy computations no problem arises).
>
> Usually that message means you have it installed, but it is no longer
> available for download from one of the sites in your sources.list
> (assuming it ever was).
>
> Since it actually appears to be one of the packages that comes from
> mpqc, you should download it from where you downloaded the mpqc packages
> from.

Well perhaps that is where you got it from then.

http://tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/mpqc/ currently has:
# libint-dev_1.1.2-0_amd64.deb
# libint-dev_1.1.2-0_i386.deb
# libint1_1.1.2-0_amd64.deb
# libint1_1.1.2-0_i386.deb
# libint_1.1.2-0.diff.gz
# libint_1.1.2-0.dsc
# libint_1.1.2.orig.tar.gz
# libsc-dev_2.3.1-0.2_amd64.deb
# libsc-dev_2.3.1-0.2_i386.deb
# libsc-doc_2.3.1-0.2_all.deb
# libsc8_2.3.1-0.2_amd64.deb
# libsc8_2.3.1-0.2_i386.deb
# mpqc-support_2.3.1-0.2_amd64.deb
# mpqc-support_2.3.1-0.2_i386.deb
# mpqc_2.3.1-0.2_amd64.deb
# mpqc_2.3.1-0.2_i386.deb
# mpqc_2.3.1.orig.tar.gz

I seem to recall one of the updates I did there required the newer
version.  Probably the libint stuff.  I suspect mpqc 2.3.1 in Debian
does not have libint support.  I can update the version numbers to -3.1
to make things easier to use if libint support is still desired.