Re: Ndiswrapper and 32 bit windows drivers

On Tuesday 29 Apr 2008, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 12:51:54PM +0200, Stefano Simonucci wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I try to install a wireless usb interface. This interface (D-Link G132
> > etc..) hasn't a kernel driver, but I know that in this case one can use
> > the ndiswrapper module.  .....  the driver is 32-bit while the kernel
> > is 64-bit. But 64-bit Windows drivers are not present in the D-Link web
> > site. What can I do?
>
> Buy something that is supported.  A 64bit linux kernel can not use a
> 32bit driver in any way so ndiswrapper won't help.

That, and:  Write to your elected representative asking for it to be made law
that all computer hardware must be supplied with, if not the complete
annotated Source Code for a driver, then the proper documentation that would
be needed by a competent programmer attempting to write a driver for it.

This behaviour by manufacturers is directly responsible for a good amount of
e-waste  (which would be perfectly usable but for want of drivers).

--
AJS
delta echo bravo six four at earthshod dot co dot uk