Fw: Re: Problems installing amd64 with Supermicro motherboard

Additional info related or not to "continuous" vs "discrete" and memory problems reported below, from running Debian and commanding

# dmesg

Checking aperture...
CPU 0: aperture too small (32 MB)
No AGP bridge found
Your BIOS doesn't leave a aperture memory hole
Please enable the IOMMU option in the BIOS setup
This costs you 64 MB of RAM.

Memory: 20545780k/22020096k available (1929 kernel code, 425288k reserved, 864k data, 176 init).

As to peripherals, floppy is detected by both BIOS and dmesg, while cdrom is not detected by

$ dmesg
$ cat /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info
$ cat /proc/ide/drivers
$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi

The DVD Pioneer DVR-110 (which was OK on my previous Tyan S2895) was  IDE connected through the 80-wire ATA 133 cable furnished with the Supermicro motherboard. Is any jumper setting needed?

Thanks
francesco