Re: Hey everyone, GUI isn't working; I can't figure out how to configure my xserver correctly.

If  GUI works fine in a live-cd, it should work in your Debian install (at least with the vesa drivers).

When you have a chance to log in as root in CLI, type : dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

That should work "automatically"...