Re: Partition suggestions.

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 15:03 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Sorry to jump into the thread like this, but: Why not put root on LVM as
> > well? I only put /boot in a separate partition, and use all remaining
> > space for LVM. But I'd rather know now that my setup sucks (so I can do
> > something about it), then when it bites me...
> If you do (and if you have a /boot then why the hell not?) then
> remeber to link /etc/lvm/{archive,backup} to /boot/lvm so they are
> available if the lvm ever breaks.

Apologies for the late reply. I checked the system, and noticed I did
not have such a link. Just to be sure: The goal is to have the files
that are being written in /etc/lvm/{archive,backup} on a non-lvm
partition, right? So I could restore them from a backup of the system as
well, if I need to? Or I could just edit /etc/lvm/lvm.conf and modify
the backup_dir and archive_dir to point to /boot/lvm/{backup,archive},
right?

Thanks for the education!

Best,
Koen