DG965ss

I tried an amd64 installation on an Intel DG965SS board with 8 GByte.
The system is very very slow (installation more than 1 day.) and
I got corrupt files from the net (e.g. apt-get update).

I have read that this should be a Intel Bios Bug since version
1669 (curr: 1719), if using more than 4 GDB.

Does anyone has sucessfully installed Debian amd64 on such a motherboard?

If yes, I would like to know which BIOS Version and
boot parameter (noacpi, etc.) you are using.

thanks,
Helmut               helmut@cybernetic-systems.de