Re: Flash

Nuno Magalhães:

> I'm running esd right now and using xfce. I closed all sound-related
> applications (xmms) and tried again: no sound. So... it might have to
> do with the sound daemon or something...

Yep, I am not sure but that would be my bet, too. I got rid of all these
sound servers quite some time ago and never missed them in any way.

The only real use for them (playing multiple streams simultaneously) can
be achieved by alsa as well. The only downside is that you may have to
twiddle a little bit with your settings. But that depends on your
hardware and/or your current settings. Just try disabling esd and see if
everything still works.

J.
--
When standing at the top of beachy head I find the rocks below very
attractive.