Re: nvidia-glx not updating

maybe your mirror is confused?

its worth adding rdonalds archive to your apt.sources

http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/index.php

randall is the nvidia driver maintainer.

Dean

sigi wrote:
Hi,
On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:12:23AM +0100, Thomas Rösch wrote:
For the last several days, nvidia-glx fails to upgrade with apt-get
install nvidia-glx (or apt-get update):
You must build the new nvidia-kernel-169.07 version of this package. Due a bug, already reported, you must have a link to fix a renaming problem:

ln -s /usr/src/nvidia-kernel.tar.bz2 /usr/src/nvidia-kernel-source.tar.bz2

Now you can build the package. :-)

here I couldn't even make apt-get source nvidia-kernel-source like I did always before. This now downloads the nvidia-graphics-drivers source package - is this the right way nowadays? I tried mirrors in NL and D - they both offered the graphics-drivers. Now I downloaded nvidia-kernel-source 169.07-2 directly from ftp.de.debian.org/debian and installed it via dpkg - and it worked. Created the above mentioned symlink and m-a a-i nvidia worked. Now I have some blurred areas under X11 - is this because new bugs in this sources, or was my method a bad idea?

Regards,
sigi.