Re: status of native java JRE ?

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 09:50 +1100, Alex Samad wrote:

> > > hadn't thought of that, just tried to install the plugin in my chroot and it
> > > wants to install a whole bundle of other stuff, including a browser.  Did you
> > > install all the requirements ?
> >
> > You don't need chroot for that. Installing ia32-libs or libc6-i386
> > should be enough for running most of 32-bit apps under 64-bit kernel.
> but how would I install the deb java-plugin into a amd64 env (I am guessing
> force ?)

Disregard the previous email. Looks like it doesn't work.
nspluginwrapper only works with the NPAPI interface, while the Java
plugin uses OJI, which is not compatible. So no nspluginwrapper for Java
unfortunately.

Though using the 1.4 blackdown amd64 plugin has worked fine for me. Not
quite as shiny as Java 5/6, but it works just fine for most sites that
I've tried.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837