Re: status of native java JRE ?

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 10:57:49AM +0100, Helge Hafting wrote:
> You can use konqueror, a 64-bit web browser that is able to use
> Sun java without a mozilla-style plugin. Many sites, especially
> java compliance test sites, works fine with this. As well as
> many java games.
>
> Some sites do not work - stupid web designers sometimes assumes
> that java is running _as a plugin_, just as they sometimes
> assumes that you use IE.

Wow - I tried my netbank, and it just worked! (ok, some problem with the way
they calculate font sizes, so some frames are too small. I can live with
that). I had not even tried it before, since I "knew" that I could not
install Sun Java on the 64-bit system.

My to-do list is getting smaller every day! Hooray for Debian-amd64!

- Heikki

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk