Re: chroot: java fails

++++++++ Douglas A. Tutty 16:04 Sat 05 Jan      ++++++++

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 01:38:54PM -0600, Karl Schmidt wrote:
I'm hoping to get Flash and Java working with iceweasel on AMD64. The bits and notes I see are not all the same and confusing.

I've set up a wiki page http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/Iceweasel to put step by step information and I'm hoping someone here can fill out a full procedure so there is a place to point others as well as myself.

I don't know about Java.  If you mean for Etch, then for Flash you'll
need to set up an i386 chroot.

Not necessarily.  You can install nspluginswrapper if you're running
Firefox.

I don't have a system chroot installed, and Flash (YouTube) works fine
after using nspluginswrapper to install the Adobe plugin.  From
about:plugins:

Shockwave Flash

    File name: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r115

    MIME Type                      Description         Suffixes    Enabled
    application/x-shockwave-flash  Shockwave Flash     swf         Yes
    application/futuresplash       FutureSplash Player spl         Yes

Not sure about 64-bit Java at this time.

--
You have literary talent that you should take pains to develop.