Re: schroot boot up messages

Seb,

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 17:30, Seb wrote:
> On Tue, 29 May 2007 11:06:24 -0500,
> C M Reinehr <cmr@amsent.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > 	<snip>
>
> Thanks for explaining this.  I found what was under /var/lib/schroot:
>
> ,-----[ ls -alh /var/lib/schroot ]
>
> | total 24K
> | drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4.0K 2006-10-22 08:40 .
> | drwxr-xr-x 64 root root 4.0K 2007-05-22 15:48 ..
> | drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 8.0K 2007-05-29 17:11 mount
> | drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 8.0K 2007-05-29 17:11 session
>
> `-----
>
> and inside both those directories there were indeed plenty of sessions
> that were not closed properly.  It's amazing this happened without any
> warning when exiting the chroots.  At any rate, I unmounted everything in
> the chroot and removed all the files under the session directory above,
> which were named as you mentioned, and all the directories under the mount
> directory (named similarly).  I also changed to type=directory as you
> suggested.  I don't know what you mean by "clobbered" above, but after all
> these removals and changes, something strange happened.  After boot up,
> the messages were gone, but I couldn't start my chroot, receiving a
> message about proc being already mounted (didn't write it down).  Maybe
> the third time I booted, I could get into my chroot, and everything is
> back to normal.  Puzzling, but hey it works now.  Would be nice to hear
> from some schroot gurus around.
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Seb

	Glad I could help! It probably was just my carelessness as I was cleaning up
the mount directory, but afterwards I couldn't start my chroot. After fooling
with it for a couple of _days_ I finally looked in my chroot directory and
90% of it was _gone_! At some point I think I started cleaning up the mount
directory while parts of the chroot directory still were mounted.

	Anyway, using type=directory seems to work well and I haven't had any more
problems. And, /proc, /home, /etc are bind mounted and unmounted
automatically as needed, rather than staying mounted all the time, as with
chroot.

	Cheers!

	cmr
--
Debian 'Etch' - Registered Linux User #241964
--------