Re: SATA drives not recognized on new install

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 05:27:44PM -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> Isn't it possible to create one on a usb drive, or from a mount point
> from which an ISO image can be generated?  I was thinking of trying to
> roll my own kernel, then replace the kernel in the current setup.
>
> Or is this being naive??

It is a bit tricky, and involves generating udebs with kernel-wedge, and
regenerating the debian-installer udebs based on that along with
updating the package lists on the cd.  I have done it, and it was a bit
of a pain, but not too bad.  Way way simpler than the old boot-floppies
system of 3.0 and earlier.