Re: SATA drives not recognized on new install

On Monday 30 April 2007 19:29, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 01:14:10AM -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > Thanks to you and Storm66 for your replies.  I just burned and tried
> > Ubuntu, Mepis, and Gentoo, and they all seemed to have no problems.  The
> > working kernel for the debian install was a 2.6.20.
> >
> > Is the sarge image based on 2.6.20 as well?

You should be able to boot up with the Gentoo liveCD and use that to start the
Debian installation manually -- from what I remember of my brief bout of
infidelity, I don't think it needs the CD drive once it has booted.  (If it
does, try the Ubuntu or Mepis CDs; both of which are Debian underneath).

Make sure your internet is working, though. Before the mid-install reboot, you
will need to download and build an up-to-date kernel.  (Or you could cheat
and just copy the kernel from the boot CD; but you'd do best to build your
own as soon as possible afterward.)

--
AJS