Re: xserver-xorg 1:7.1.0-15 with nvidia working?

Please verify that this problem is caused by the nvidia module.
On my system, the next thing that comes after
(II) Initializing extension GLX
Is
(**) Generic Keyboard: Core Keyboard
(**) Option "Protocol" "standard"
And that fits far better into the backtrace, as that seems to have more to do with input facilities.
Could you please substitute nvidia for nv as driver in your x.org conf and confirm that the problem does not reoccur afterwards?
(By the way: I'm running 7.1.0-15 with nvidia driver 9631. Works great.)
And could you please say something about the version of your nvidia driver? Older ones tend to behave badly when put together with modern kernels, mine is 2.6.18-3-amd64, what about yours?
Finally, how did you get your nvidia module? Is it a manual installation of the "official" nvidia installer package, is it the well-known 'module-assistant' method, is it any 'alien' hack or an abused Ubuntu package? (don't know if there are too many other ways)

Sinverly,
Marcus Müller

On 3/24/07, Michael Muster <a-chopper@gmx.de> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 05:20:10PM +0100, Daniel Schröter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there someone using xserver-xorg 1:7.1.0-15 with the nvidia module
> under Debian/unstable with amd64?

I'm using 7.1.0-15 with nvidia 1.0.8776-4 under debian sid amd64 and
it is working without problems.

Best regards
Michael