Re: Re: kernel 2.6.18-4-amd64 hangs

Hi
I had the same problem but I was quite sure I had done something wrong. But what I suggest is that you insert the install CD and boot the computer (without installing anything)
Then you go to a shell ctrl F2 and do the following
#mkdir mnt
#mount /dev/hda3
#chroot /mnt
#mount -a
then you can use dselect to install and repair what is needed. I recommend that you reinstall the linux-image.

Hope it helps and be careful.

/Gudjon

I followed Gudjon's advice and manualy removed package linux-image-2.6.18-4 via the 'apt-get remove linux-image-2.6.18-4' command and then reinstalled it via 'apt-get install linux-image-2.6.18-4'. The problem persists. :(

Constantine