Re: kernel 2.6.18-4-amd64 hangs

Hi
    I had the same problem but I was quite sure I  had done something wrong.
But what I suggest is that you insert the install CD and boot the computer
(without installing anything)
Then you go to a shell ctrl F2 and do the following
#mkdir mnt
#mount /dev/hda3
#chroot /mnt
#mount -a
then you can use dselect to install and repair what is needed. I recommend
that you reinstall the linux-image.

Hope it helps and be careful.

/Gudjon

Þann Miðvikudagur 14 mars 2007 19:03 skrifaði Constantine Kousoulos: