Re: Why daily builds on the installer page for testing point to sid?

Though a trivial question for most (not me), what is
the correct procedure AT THIS TIME to bring etch to
sid?

Is

# apt-get -u dist-upgrade

the way for both amd64 and i386? I assume that this
upgrades the Linux kernel too. What about X? (I do not
use nVidia drivers, enough 2D acceleration in my
case). My amd64 machine is raid1.

Thanks
francesco pietra

--- Florian Philipp <florian.philipp@tiscali.de>
wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 8. März 2007 23:11 schrieb R. Ramesh:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I thought testing is named etch. But when I go
> to debian installer
> > page for netinst image for amd64 version, I get an
> iso file that is
> > named xxx-testing-xxx.iso. However the title on
> the page says it is Sid!
> > I am wondering if this a typo on the title or is
> there a link problem
> > that makes me fetch sid instead of etch?
> >
> > Regards
> > Ramesh
>
> Recently Etch became stable and therefore Sid is the
> now testing.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.