Re: problem with SATAII hdd

Александр Карпов:

> I have one problem with install debian 4 amd64,installer don't see my SATAII hard disk

Probably your mainboard / SATA Controller isn't supported by kernel
2.6.18 (which is what etch is using). You may try your luck with an
image from <http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/>. My Gigabyte P35-DS3P worked
fine with this installer.

Alternatively, you may succeed by passing specific options to the kernel
before booting from your installation medium. But you have to google
them yourself for your mainboard.

J.
--
Watching television is more hip than actually speaking to anyone.
[Agree]   [Disagree]