[OT?] initrd + suspend/resume on lvm partition?

Hello,

I recently upgraded the hard disk on my amd64 laptop and, since I was at it,
I decided to give a spin to LVM partitions. I made use of the guided
partitioning in the etch installer to do it, and it made a small /boot and
the rest in a large volume group including both / and swap partition. I
recovered my fully working sid install from backups, and after a small
amount of fiddling had my system back up and running on the new disk. The
only thing which does not seem to work ok is hibernation: I can hibernate
the system ok, but the yaird-generated init ram disk is then unable to
resume, apparently because it attempts resuming before setting up lvm. Short
of hand-modifying the init ram disk, is it possible to configure
yaird so that the init ram disk it generates loads lvm before attempting to
resume from an hibernation?
Mkinitramfs apparently does this right, but it also loads udev before
hand-configured modules, which I want to avoid, since I must load a dummy
device _with some module parameters_ before automatically loaded modules.
So at the moment I boot off a mkinitramfs initrd, but every time I have to
unload some modules, load dummy, reload those modules (not very nice).

Hints, anyone? Thanks,
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)

believed to be clean.