Re: halt upon usb removal

Hi Nuno.

need more info and we don't know your level of expertise.

what was mounted on the usb stick prior to unmounting.
what was the command you issued to unmount.
are you saying that the kernel did a proper "shutdown" or did you have a
kernel seize or crash where the machine goes directly to "off" as if you
pushed the reset.
did the hardware shutdown or did it just reboot?
Did you check through the logs in /var - (this will only probably help if your
machine did some kind of a proper shutdown, in other words, if the kernel
didn't crash)

I have that very same board, and while I did have issues earlier on with 2.6,
they seem to be resolved now.  however, I don't use a usb stick.

Chris W.