Re: Skype 2.0 beta on debian sid amd64?

On Dec 10, 2007 7:37 AM, Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to use the skype 2.0 beta .deb package on my debian amd64 sid system.
> I saw hell a lot of guides hwoto use chroot, but I don't want a chroot!
> Any guide available which is simple enough (e.g. just install some .deb
> and it works?)?

Tecnically, you can't simply install the .deb in the 64-bit system, as
it is for a 32-bit debian. In practice, you can try
--force-architecture (or something similar), but there is no guarantee
that there are packages with the 32-bit libraries that Skype needs,
and even if there are, it might simply not work.