Building lib32-style packages

I've been looking around online and I've found a bunch of places that
offer hints for how to build i386 packages on and amd64 system, but
that's for "native" i386 packages. I'm wanting to create a local lib32
package (lib32asound2-plugins to be exact) and I can't find any info on
how to go about it. Are there any simple tools for doing this?

For a bit of background of what I'm trying to accomplish here:

I have a bunch of apps that work great in my chroot. I also have a
number of 32-bit apps that work great in the native amd64 environment
with the appropriate lib32 packages installed. One thing that doesn't
work for me, however, is sound. Specifically, 32-bit apps running
outside of the chroot that don't natively support pulseaudio. Any 32-bit
apps running outside of the chroot that try to use the pulse driver in
ALSA end up failing with:

ALSA lib ../../../src/pcm/pcm.c:2106:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open
shared
library /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so

The 64-bit version of this is provided by libasound2-plugins.
Unfortunately, while there is a lib32asound2 package, there is no
lib32asound2-plugins package, so I'm trying to create one.

If I'm going about this all wrong and there's an easy way to accomplish
the desired effect, please feel free to let me know. I just want sound
to work. :) (using padsp/pasuspender doesn't count as a solution
btw :) )

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837