Re: lenny amd64 for Desktop

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 10:18:25AM -0600, Don Montgomery wrote:
> When I leave the machine overnight, it usually loses touch
> with the monitor.  This occurs without regard to whether I
> lock the screen or not, or whether I leave the monitor
> turned on or off.  No keypress, hotkey combo, or mouse
> wiggle has any apparent effect, and I have to hard reboot.
> I do not know what is causing it.

Which graphics card do you have? And which driver? The symptoms sound much
like what I had with Etch, Nvidia 8600, Nvidia's closed driver - except that
it happened immediately upon start of X. Often (but not always) accompanied
with a kernel panic in the nvidia module.

I will try with my card on lenny, as soon as I get the time.

-H

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk