Re: program swap-offset is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to SG_IO

Hans-J. Ullrich:

> I just installed "uswswup" and during installation I got this message:
>
> "program swap-offset is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to
> SG_IO"
>
> Can you tell me, how I have to convert ?

Not at all. This is just the kernel telling you that the program you are
running uses a deprecated system call. Things will generally work fine,
until you update to a newer kernel that has completely removed support
for this system call. This will usually takes a long time, though.

You might want to report a bug, but since it is (currently) a minor
issue and because things like that go hardly unnotices by the developers
/ maintainers I'd just sit & wait. Of course, you are welcome to send a
patch. ;-)

J.
--
People talking a foreign language are romantic and mysterious.
[Agree]   [Disagree]