program swap-offset is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to SG_IO

Hello all,

I just installed "uswswup" and during installation I got this message:

"program swap-offset is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to
SG_IO"

Can you tell me, how I have to convert ? I am a little bit confused, as I did
not understand, what this message wants to tell me (okay, it tells me
something is deprecated). Maybe al litle more background, so that I will
understand it would be nice.

Thanks and regards

Hans

P.S. I saw some discussion about this in the list, but it did not really help
me.