Re: install Etch with raid level 10

Le Wednesday 26 September 2007 18:58:14 A J Stiles, vous avez écrit :
[...]
> Also, *don't* use a RAID1 for swap space:  it impacts performance with
> little practical benefit.  Use separate swap partitions from each drive
> (just to keep the partitioning schemes the same)  instead.

Sorry, but you'd better have your swap on a mirror !
With a different swap on each disk, if you loose one disk with active swap on
it, you will surely crash the system.
The memory on it will be lost.

For the performance problem, I even use LVM for my swap !
If there is swapping, it's not normal., and performance will be bad anyway.
I prefer not to swap, and to have a secured, not so speedy swap.