Re: Testing a hardware

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 04:04:52PM +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > [crashes]
> > Did you try booting with various apic/acpi settings
> > (noapic/noacpi/nolapic/etc.)?
>
> nops, but I have to try. But this could be so important?

It is on my laptop with the Nvidia MCP51 stuff. Without noapic the
machine will halt without any feedback. Often within a couple of
minutes, but sometimes it takes a while to crash.

I was under the impression that more people have these kind of problems on
various hardware where noapic "solves" the problem.

--

   Daniel Tryba