Seeking Solution

Hi all,

today I am looking for a solution, which I submit is not real debian-amd-64
related, but I hope, someone could help me.

Problem: I am running Debian sid on an amd64-notebook with scsi-drive.
The problem is, I cannot standby the drive with hdparm -S 1 /dev/sda. Well, it
is shutting down after 5 seconds, but something is writing permanently to the
drive so the drive is starting again.

I suppose it is a log file. O.k.,lsof is telling me  a lot of logfiles. Of
course, I could stop all the logging, but this is not the way I want to. I
want to stop only the logfile, which is responsible for the permannet
writing.

So my question: How can I make Debian (Linux) to see, which file is written to
the drive at the moment ?

Is there a way any ?

Best regards

Hans