Re: Broadcom

hey can you tell me what the function is  of wpa supplicant? No luck with 1390 card yet. Thanks

On 7/5/07, Hans-J. Ullrich < hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
Am Donnerstag 05 Juli 2007 schrieben Sie:
> Couple more questions :-) What would be the correct entry in
> /etc/network/interfaces? Also I've seen references in modconf and elsewhere
> to bcm43xx in connection with Broadcom. Are these modules also necessary?
> Thanks ill try your suggestion Cavan

Hi !

Depending on your network, the entries are like a normal ethernet device. The
device is as seen as ethX, were X is the number of your device, if you have
more than one. You can test the "name" of the device with the command
iwconfig. It should recognize the card and tell you the name of your device.

The format of /etc/network/interfaces is well documentated in the man pages.

Using google you will find a lot of examples.

To verify, that eth0 is always the wired card, and eth1 is always the wlan
card (or if you wish any other combination), you should take a look
to /etc/udev/rules.d/z25-persistent-net.rules. In this file you can point to
the devicename according to the MAC-address. The file is self explaining.

The module bcm43xx is not necessary, it is the module for cards with bcm4300
chipsets.

If there are more problems, just ask.

Good luck !

Hans